Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Family Vacation, Chicago, Part 5

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 
Today Mike went to work. Last night when we got in we drove around and found where he would be working. It's a good thing we did, because the van wouldn't fit in the underground parking with the luggage carrier on top of it.  We also did some laundry, showered and went to the grocery store. There was also a crazy storm, and a tornado just 30 miles from us. In the morning we took Mike to work. Then we came back to the hotel and had breakfast.  I watched TV while the kids ran wild.
Then they finally broke me down and I took them swimming. We swam until lunch time. During lunch Bensen couldn't keep his eyes open.  So we all took a nap.  Everyone but Jaycee that is.  By the time we were waking up it was time to go get Mike from work! It was a great relax day. We relaxed all night.  The Hotel Mike got us even fed us dinner! My kind of Hotel.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Mikes boss came and picked him up today.  We got up and had breakfast...again provided by the hotel. Then we came back to our room and the kids begged me to take them swimming again. So, we went swimming again. The kids have loved getting to swim so much! Then we came back to our room and took another nap. Bensen was waking up just as it was time to go get Mike from work. 
We picked him up and headed straight for Chicago. I was driving and it was crazy! We couldn't find anywhere to park, because of the luggage carrier. So I just drove around, I almost hit two cars! And almost got hit by several others. It was crazy! We finally found some street parking right by the Buckingham fountain.
Then we walked over to Millennial Park.  We found Abraham Lincoln on our way.

We saw big fountains with peoples faces on them and then it looked like they were spitting. The kids loved it!
Then we walked over to the silver bean, or the cloud.
The kids liked this also.
Can you see us?
Then we walked over to to dinner.
We ate at Giordano's Pizza. 
We had to get Chicago style pizza while in Chicago! I liked it. I think I'm the only one that did...it had green peppers and onions in it.
As we walked back to the car the kids played some more in the fountains.
We took lots of pictures!
We went back to Buckingham Fountain.


And looked out over Lake Michigan.
The kids like the fountain at night with the lights on, and the sail boats. They also used their own money to buy flashing lights off of a street vendor.  Jaycee got a flashing headband that looked like Mini Mouse ears.  Wesley got a flashing sword. They were both surprised at how expensive they were.
We got home kind of late and went straight to bed when we got to our hotel.


No comments: