Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Day 3-Rome In A Day

Another long day! This one was much better than yesterday! We took a Rome in a Day tour. We started off at the Vatican which was pretty awesome. We learned about the Sistine Chapel and saw a lot of art. Then we went to the Piazza Novono, from there we walked to the Panteon, and then to the Trevi Fountain, where we stopped for lunch. I got pizza, Mike got a sandwich. I also tried a pistachio cannoli, which wasn't great, so we got a gelato to share.😏 After lunch we walked toward the Colosseum. On the way there we saw Altare della Patria, and the Roman Forum. Our tour ended with the Colosseum, but we weren't done yet! Our tour didn't take us into the Pantheon, so we walked back to it to go inside, but it was closed because of a church service. So we decided to walk to St. Peter's Basilica. By the time we got there it was after 5, and the line was so long. So we just looked at the outside, I found a fountain I posed by 20 or so years ago, so I took another picture by it. You would think by now we would be done...but we weren't, we decided to walk another mile or so to the Spanish Steps! Then we walked home. Overall it was a great day. Mike said it was a good thing we had a tour guide or we probably wouldn't have made it out of the Vatican! I like to look at everything and read every sign. We definitely didn't to that today! We walked over 24,000 steps, that is just shy of 12 miles!

































 

No comments: