As promised, here are some more of our remodeling pictures. The first couple are of Jaycee's room, which Mike finished just before she came.
It got a new paint job and new molding, crown included. Then I painted the wood flowers, butterflies and hearts.
My sister Joy (with the help of Jaime) surprised me with her name when I got home. I knew she was working on it, I didn't know it was done. They put it up while I was at the hospital. Our house gets super hot in the summer. I remember people telling me how hot it was, so I was glad to be in the nice air conditioned hospital. Anyway when they came over to put it up the power had gone out, so they couldn't turn on the swamp cooler and it was very dark. So they got it put up in candle light, because at the time we didn't have flashlights. So kudos to my wonderful sisters!
Now on to the Basement. We realized we had a leak when I went to do laundry and at the bottom of the stairs was soaking wet!! So Mike and his dad went to work, they found we had a pretty good sized crack in our foundation. 

Not long after that I moved a coffee table I had pushed up against the wall under this window to find that it was all moldy. So when Mike tore this wall apart we found a pipe coming into the house which wasn't sealed. So we had water coming in there also.

And now for the after pictures. When we started we had no idea that we would be doing the whole basement. It just ended up this way. Which we are glad of now, at the time it was a pain. We really enjoy it now. It's nice to have everything nice and new. So here is the new kitchen downstairs. Oh ya....the basement also got new french doors, and all new windows.
The only thing that stayed was this brick wall and the fireplace. The basement got new molding, lighting, wiring, plumbing, windows, doors, cupboards, sink, counter tops and tile.
2 comments:
Looks great Chelsea. Can't wait to see Part 3.
Nope! I don't think it ever does!! It seems there's always a project...there's tons around here I'd still like to do...
You guys have done a great job!:)
Post a Comment