We liked Huntington Lake so much last year we decided to come again this year!
This time Trevor and Jaime came with us too.
The water was much lower, so we had to walk a lot farther to get to it.
There was also a lot more mud!
It wasn't normal mud it was more like clay, and it was everywhere!
The kids dug a hole and made a mud pit, and pretty much lived in it the rest of the trip.
We had a lot of fun kayaking, one morning we went around the whole lake.
I talked Amber and Jaime into riding the tube with me. It was a lot of fun until it wasn't!
Jaime was trying to record with her Go Pro, so she wasn't holding on with her right hand. She kept banging into me. On a really big wave she came down on my shoulder. I heard a crack...I thought it was my neck. Then we hit another big wave and I was thinking I needed to be done because my neck hurt. Me and Amber were laughing then we looked over and saw Jaime.
She was reclined back, she looked really pale, and she was saying "I can't breath, I can't breath, I can't breath." It was pretty scary. My dad backed the boat up so fast. He was telling us to take her life jacket off. We didn't take it off, but we did undo it. We knew if she fell in the water without a life jacket on she would drowned. She really couldn't move at all. At first we thought she just had the wind knocked out of her. But when it didn't go away we were worried it was her ribs or her back. We didn't want to try to take her out of the tube while on the water, so we went into shore.
Once on shore we pulled the tube up onto the mud. We were trying to figure out how we were going to get her out of the tube. Trevor ran up to drive the car down onto the beach. It was obvious that she was in a lot of pain. She had tried to get out on her own and couldn't. So I got behind her and lifted her up. Once she was up she said she could breath a little easier. Getting her in the car was horrible. She was crying and in pain. Once they got her in the car they gave her a blessing and they were off to the Price Hospital.
We waiting awhile to hear what was going on. They did an x-ray, told her she had a couple of broken ribs, there was nothing they could really do for her. They were about to send her home when she asked about the pain she was having up by her collarbone. So the Dr. excused himself for a minute. I', not exactly sure how it all went down, but in the end she had multiple broken ribs, front and back and a perforated or collapsed lung! They kept her in the hospital overnight to keep an eye on her.
Me and Mike left that night, we had our California Trip to get ready for. Everyone else left the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment