Saturday, March 18, 2017

Home Improvements

 Mike has a pretty long list of thing he wants to do on the house. In the last couple of months he has been busy getting some things checked off of his/my list.
The laundry room was at the top of the list.
He put up some extra hooks so we don't have jackets, coats and snow things strewn about.

He gave me a tall cupboard for laundry baskets and extra storage, a shelf, a hanging bar, and more storage! Now the kids each have their own hook and a cubby, so they should never need to leave anything laying on the ground! Apparently they have far too many jackets and coats, because we still get jackets and backpacks on the ground!
 I can tell you I have been much better at getting the laundry washed, dried, and folded. I work better when things are more organized.
I hate doing laundry, but I love my new laundry room.
The next project was our bedroom. In all the houses we have lived in we have never really decorated our bedroom. In Hooper we hung a couple of pictures so it looked better when we listed it to sell it. I have hated our bedspread since we bought it when we got married. So it was time for a new one.
It is amazing what a couple things on the wall and a new bedspread will do to a room! I love it, and I love my cute kids that like to play on a newly made bed.
Mike also finished the upstairs bathroom, and built a fire pit that we won't be able to use for a while, (that is a long different story) but I don't have pictures of those.
He also started framing the basement this last week, for the kids bedroom.
Mike is amazing!

No comments: