Saturday, March 25, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me!

I turned 35! How did I get so old? :) It's funny, 35 doesn't feel or seem that old.
 I've had my drivers licence for over half of my life! A while ago one of my young women told me she thought I was a really good driver and asked how I got so good. I told her I had been driving for longer then she had been alive. So I guess to her I am pretty old.
 My day fell on a Monday this year. I got to go volunteer at the school in both Jaycee and Wesley's classes. Then Mike took me to the movie "The Shack", and to do a little shopping. We made it home in time to get the kids off the bus and do homework, then we went to dinner at Garcia's.
 Yum! I had a really good day!
 A couple of days ago Wesley came home and told me he needed to run in a race. It was a 5k and all the money paid was matched my Goldenwest Credit Union and 100% of the proceeds went to their school. He really wanted to do it, so we signed up.
 We even got Jaycee to come along with us.
 There's nothing like running in the rain with some of my best friends. We had fun and the kids both did so good. Wesley's foot and leg started hurting in the last mile, so we had to slow down a bit, but he pushed on and finished strong.
Bensen even joined us to cross the finish line!
I'm so proud of them and I am so glad I am their mom.

No comments: