Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Happy 4th of July

For the last several years Mike's family has gone to the Brigham City pool for the 4th of July. They set up a nice little spot in the park by the pool. 
 The kids swim, and have so much fun.
 Everybody loves this new tradition, except me. I love being with family, but I don't love being in big crowds of people.  It wasn't too crowded this year, we left to go to my house around 6, as the park was just starting to fill up.
After swimming the little kids came back to the park and took a nice little nap.
 Grandma always comes prepared with the funnest little crafts.
This year they made patriotic braclets and rockets out of candy.
She also made yummy chicken salad for lunch.
All the fun stuff she plans makes braving the crowds worth it.
At my house Trevor brought over his pizza oven and we had home made pizza's. They were delicious.
Then we had a firework show!
Everybody loved the fireworks, except Bensen, He cried and had Mike cover his ears, but then when one got over he would clap and smile. Love hate relationship I guess.




I love this time of year and the opportunity to celebrate our freedom! I am so grateful to live in America, the land of the free, because of the brave.


No comments: