Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Baby Animal Days

This was our 3rd year going to the Baby Animal Days.  We always love it, but it was even better this year because Mike was able to come with us!
 Last year we came with Jaime and it was super crowded.  
 This year wasn't bad at all.  We parked close, and didn't have to wait in line for most things.
This year the kids rode the little horses again, we went on a carriage ride.
 I'm not sure if they have done this in the previous years, but the kids got to ride big horses.
 Jaycee really didn't want to get on the big horse, but I forced her...she loved it!
 Bensen was pretty happy to watch.
 After the horses they were able to try to ride the mechanical bull.
 Once again, Jaycee didn't really want to, but she did great and had a lot of fun.  Silly girl.
 After the bull we went to see the cute little baby turtles!
 Bensen hated them! They were so darn cute.
 Every year the kids beg for a new pet and I am always tempted to get them one. Luckily I have Mike to remind me that I don't really like animals. :) The babies are all so cute! Bensen loved the bunnies.
 This year they had the cutest little puppies, the kids all took turns holding them.
 I have a hard time with the kids touching all the animals. I kept making them sanitize, but even then I had a hard time even holding their hands. I'm kind of a germaphobe. 
After the puppies they had a candy drop.
 After the candy drop we ate lunch, then had some yummy little donuts.  They were delicious.
Then it was off to see more baby animals.
 And some animals that weren't babies at all.
 The kids loved them all.
 They were all pretty darn cute.
 The last babies we saw were the chicks and the ducks. One even left Wes a nice little surprise in his hand! I am convinced no sanitize could sanitize what was left behind. So, we headed straight for the bathroom to wash our hands.
As I said in my Easter post, a lot of our family had gone out of town for Spring Break. We decided to stay home and same the money so we can do some things to our yard. So this was one of our activities for Spring Break.  We also went and saw Zootopia, the kids also took turns sleeping in different beds and got to stay up late and watch a movie and sleep in the living room.  That's always a treat. It was no Disneyland, but we had fun, and the kids were really good sports about staying home. I love my kids!
As a scary side note, my dad had a heart attack on the 2nd of April! Pretty scary stuff! He was at the store with Amber and my mom when he started to have chest pain. So they took him to the hospital where they gave him some nitroglycerine and he immediately felt better. So much so that he wished he could go home. Luckily they kept him over night, because the pain came back in the night. They ran all sorts of test and came to the conclusion that he must of had a blood clot that cause the heart attack. He went with Amber to Disneyland and then a week later he went to Nauvoo with Jaime. So they think all the time in the car caused the blood clot. After several days in the hospital they sent him home with a clean bill of health. Lucky for us, we would all like to have him around for a long time!

No comments: