Wesley turned 3 on the 1st of October! I can't believe he is three! He has been pretty excited. I've always done some sort of Halloween theme, Mike thinks that's silly, so this year I switched it up a little and did a Monster theme. We went to the movie "Hotel Transylvania" and to lunch at Chic-fil-a, then home to get ready for the big family party.
I made his invitation with my scrapbook factory. Jaime swears it is easy to use, I disagree. It took me over 3 hours! I'm not sure it was worth it. I do like how it turned out.
We looked online for cake ideas. Wesley loved the monster cake. The one online looked better, but I did my best. Those little cake pops were harder then I thought they were going to be. I couldn't get them to stay on the sticks, they kept sliding off.
We made a little bean bag throw to try and keep the kids entertained. It worked pretty well.
Here's my handsome birthday boy.
He liked his new monster hat.
He got a new helmet from my parents to go with his new bike, that didn't come until the next day. And was a potty reward/birthday present. No he is not potty trained, but he did finish his potty chart. We are a little more strict with the new potty chart. :) Which will earn him a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese.
Mike's mom made him a Super Hero blanket. He loves it and sleeps with it every night.
He blew all the candles out.
We had a really good day.
We are so blessed to have Wesley in our family.
He loves to ride his bike. He has started to draw pictures, that you can actually kind of tell what they are, usually spiders or Mike. :) He loves to play with our iPod touch. He likes trains and superheros. He really wants to go to school, he is sad when Jaycee leaves. He is super ticklish, and has the best laugh. He loves to read books, he sneaks several to bed with him every night. He is a tease. Every now and then he likes to cuddle, usually when Jaycee is at school, he will let me rock him. I love that! He is very observant. If I change something in the house, he is the first to notice. He has a really good sniffer. He is always saying "I smell something." Usually followed by "I smell something disgusting."Almost always it's about something I am cooking for dinner. :) He hates to have his picture taken, and to get his ears wet.
He is a blessing and we would be incomplete without him.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to you Wesley. Sounds like your day was nothing but fun!! Chelsea, I loved his cake. I never would have know something didn't work out right unless you told us. I've discovered nothing I try ever turns out like the things I see online. I'm beginning to think those people hire professionals just to fool us all. Glad to hear you all are doing well.
Post a Comment