Saturday, March 5, 2022

Bensen's Baptism: It's Great To Be Eight (Part 3)

Bensen got baptized today! He has been so excited, and counting down. He had the ward missionaries Larry and Lynae Butter come and teach him a lesson a couple of weeks ago, and then Cynthia Ulrich from the primary presidency came and talked to him about baptism, and he had his interview with the bishop on Sunday. He was ready! He got teary several times today, he is so sweet and I can tell he is touched by the spirit. He said he has never been so happy that his eyes teared before!
He had so many supporters, that is one of the times he teared up, when the bishop had him look out at all the people there that love him! Most of our families were able to come, along with the Butlers, Makena Davis (primary president) and Bishop Tanner.
I played the opening song which was I am a Child of God. Grandma Carmae did the opening prayer.
Grandpa Max gave a talk, then the Bishop shared a story about his family. After the baptism we had the confirmation. The people who stood in the circle were, Mike, Grandpa Max, Grandpa Randy, Jim Madsen, Colby Booth, Lance Peterson, Tyson Stevenson, Matt Heiner, Parson Heiner, Trevor Bailey, and Bishop Tanner. Wesley got to hold the microphone, Mike said it was pretty distracting. He said he was rubbing it on his beard and putting it in his mouth. I guess we need to work on that before he helps someone else. Then we sang I Like To Look For Rainbows, and Grandma LouLou gave the closing prayer.
We are so grateful for Bensen, he brings the sunshine.🌞
After the baptism we came back to our house and had a yogurt bar, fruit, and goodies. Bensen is a pretty picky eater, but he loved everything we had today.
I took him to take pictures last Saturday, we had fun, he loved getting his picture taken. I remember taking Wesley and he absolutely hated every second of it, so this was a nice change. He even came up with most of the poses himself. We went to Farrs Ice Cream afterward. He decided to get a half gallon and take home so he could share with Vivian who was sick. He really is the sweetest!
We sure love our Bensen!





















 

No comments: