Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving and Stuff

Happy Thanksgiving! 
 We kept with tradition and the kids wrote down daily what they were thankful for. We did miss a few days, but that's ok. Some of the things they wrote were bodies, temples, families, cousins, tree, teacher, Jesus, house, bones, blood, and many more. Almost every night Bensen was thankful for Vivian, mom, or dad.
 It was nice to see that they are thankful for things, because they don't always show it. We try to teach them how lucky we are to live here in South Weber, so close to family, in a nice warm house, with plenty of food to eat, and to have to gospel in our lives.
This year we spent the day with the Borgstroms. Dinner was amazing! Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, salad, the green onion things Mike loves, green jello salad that Mikes great grandma would make, yams, green bean casserole, roles, and pie...lots of pie, and I am sure there is more that I am forgetting.
I am thankful for so many things. Most of all my Mike and my kids. I love being so close to both of our families and I love them and am thankful for them. I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ, for the atonement, for the opportunity to repent and try again, for the Gospel.
I am thankful for this country that I live in and the freedoms that I enjoy. This year was an election year. And it was crazy. Some how we ended up with Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as our main candidates, which still blows my mind. It was scary thinking that one of them will eventually run our country. Trump won out in the end. I'm not going to lie, I am a little nervous about the future of our county. Things have gotten pretty bad with Obama in I pray that Trump wont make it worse and hopefully makes it better. Time will tell. These are crazy times we are living in.
Anyway, happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: