There was a man who came to Tremonton to do a little lesson on the meaning of the service flag. It was pretty interesting. The reason we were invited was because of the Borgstrom brothers. Four died in the war, all in different places. Then Mike's Grandpa was honorably discharged. After the meeting we went to the graveyard.
After the graves we went over to the Memorial they but in over 10 years ago.
It had started to rain by this time so we didn't stay very long.
But the kids liked it. I hope they will someday understand and appreciate all the men and women who sacrifice so that we can enjoy the freedom that we have.
After the memorial we drove by the house that Grandpa Randy grew up in.
Then Mikes parents took us to Madox. I think it was the first time I have been there. It was pretty fun. There was a guy playing the fiddle, the bread and rolls with the butters were amazing. Over all it was a great day.
When we got home Mike and the kids found this guy. It was the biggest slug I have ever seen. Had to document it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment