Monday, May 25, 2015

Camping at Heber Valley Girls Camp

This weekend we went Camping! We went with the Heiners, Petersons, and Grandma and Grandpa Bailey. Then next day Stevenson's came up with some of Amber's Brazilian friends, and Trevor's family came up.  It rained and rained, and was freezing but we still had some fun. Cold, wet camping is not for me.  
The kids loved sitting around the fire. We sat around and told funny stories about the kids that we could remember. It seems like most of the stories were about Kailey and Parson.
Once we got in our cabins we were pretty warm.  Sleeping with Bensen was not all that fun, but I was afraid he wouldn't stay under the blankets.  He doesn't love being covered up.
The next morning we got out on the lake in paddle boats. Then we tried the canoes.  The kids decided they liked the canoes better.  They went a little faster.  We even saw a little alligator! It was plastic, but the kids still loved it.
 While we went out on the canoes the missionaries kept Bensen. He liked them.
 After we went out in the canoes Jaycee wanted another turn in the paddle boats.  She did most the work, and we were cruising!
 Later in the afternoon we went to do a challenge coarse.
 We were all pretty excited, and a little nervous. We would be doing a big rope swing.
 On our way down to the swing we saw two moose!
 The kids weren't sure the swing was something they wanted to do, but they both worked up the courage to try, and they both loved it!
 Jaycee went all the way to the top.  I took a video of her.
 Wes decided he only wanted to go half way up.
 It was a little scary.
 After he was finished he said next time he would go all the way to the top.
 I am a little afraid of heights, so this was kind of scary.
 I love to swing so I had to do it.
 It was awesome!
 I was surprised Mike did it.  He told me he didn't want to. Then I turned around and he was ready to go.
 There was some going around in circles and he got a little sick.
Overall we had a great time.  We did end up going home early.  Bensen and Mike came down with fevers, and Wesley was coughing a little bit. I was worried about what I would do with Bensen during the night if he wasn't feeling well.
It's a good thing we came home, Wesley woke up at about 3 in the morning in a croup fit! Mike took him to the doctor. Mike ended up with an ear infection. 
The kids loved it and want to do more camping in the future.  Hopefully when its a little warmer.

No comments: