Saturday, April 11, 2015

Spring Break!

This year the kids got a whole week for spring break! The best part was that it included Easter and Conference.  What a great way to end a great week. To start are week off we went to Park City with some of my family.  We swam and went to a park and had a picnic, rode a gondola and played games. The pictures are on my phone though.

On Thursday me and the kids went to the Baby Animal Farm in Wellsville. While we were at the farm the carpet people came and installed the carpet upstairs in our bonus room! We loved it, the farm and the carpet! It was pretty cold at the farm and even snowed on us a couple of times. The first animals we went to see where the baby bears.  We waited in line for over two hours!
 The kids were troopers and really excited to see them.  I not going to lie, I tried to talk them out of waiting.
 After a two hour line we saw the cute sleeping bears for about a minute. Next time we will just make the drive to Bear World!
 Wesley was super excited to get to ride a pony.
 Jaycee was a little scared, but once she got up on the pony she loved it!

 The man with the skunk was teasing all the kids, don't worry, it was just a skunk skin.

 The little lambs were so cute!
 The bunnies were our favorite! We all came home wanting bunnies. All except Mike, but he wasn't there, so he didn't see how cute they were. Jaycee and Wes are already planning their cages and what they would feed them
 I told Jaycee there was no way dad would let her get a bunny.  She said "Let me talk to him, I think he will let me." She tried to butter him up, but he is our voice of reason.  I'm sure they would be fun for a while, but every bunny we (me and Mike) has frozen to death in the winter. That would be sad.  The kids thought we would let them keep them in their rooms! We aren't really a pet family, but we are definitely not an indoor pet family. Most animals make me pretty itchy.
 It made Bensen mad that he couldn't maul the bunny. :(
The little baby turtles were our next favorite, they were super cute.
 Even Bensen liked the turtles, but we didn't let him grab them either.

When we got home the first thing we did after the kids begged Mike for a bunny, was check out the carpet. The kids were so excited to get the Love Sac up there, and I was excited to get the extra love seat out of my living room so we immediately started moving furniture. By the time people came to see the carpet we had already moved a Love Sac, love seat, futon, bench, keyboard and train table.

On Friday we went to the movie Home and then to Jakes Over The Top for a late lunch. Later that night we colored some eggs.
 I was just about to put the kids in bed when I realized we hadn't done the eggs yet. So Bensen was in bed and missed out on the fun.
The kids slept upstairs on the love sac. On Saturday morning we woke up around 5:30 to watch the blood moon from our upstairs window.  Jaycee woke up Wesley to see the "bloody moon".  They were both like "that was it".  I guess they weren't that impressed.  I tried to take a picture of it, but it didn't work out like I had hoped.

No comments: