Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hawaii! Part 2

The day after the Road to Hana was Sunday.  We woke up super early to go see the sunrise on top of a volcano, Haleakala. 
 It was super cold and windy, but very majestic.
 Me and my dad had tried to catch the sunset almost ever night we were there.  We finally caught it this night.

 Jaime and Matt came this time so they saw it on their first try.
 While on the beach we came across an awesome sea turtle.
On Monday we went back to mile marker 14 and did some more snorkeling.  
I didn't last very long, the water was pretty murky and I started panicking! So I watched the crabs for a while. They sure are funny little things.

  Then we drove to a National Park, Ioa Valley.  We found some Sassafras, when you pull the it out by the roots, the roots smell like rootbeer! Pretty neat.

 We hiked up to the needle, we walked around the botanical gardens. Hawaii really is a beautiful place.
The next day we pretty much just shopped for souvenirs for our families. I also found some more flowers for Jaycee.

 Me and my dads flight left at 7 pm and we arrived home at 7 in the am! 
Mike and the kids came and picked us up from the airport. The kids had made me some awesome welcome home signs! It sure is nice to be home!

No comments: