Monday, January 19, 2015

Birthday Bensen!

I cannot believe my baby turned one today! He has always been such a good natured happy baby. He loves to cuddle and he love loves hair! Most of the time he is pretty gentle and just combs it. Every once in a while he pulls it pretty good. It is amazing that just a year ago he was so small.

 I kind of miss the days when we could just sit and snuggle and take naps all day.
But he is super fun now, and every now and then we get a nice nap in. It is so crazy that in one year they can change so completely!
He has turned into a pretty big flirt! He does this cheesy smile a lot.  I can't get enough of it
 He started walking about a month ago. He gets around very well.  He is getting pretty good at the stairs also. He loves to sing and to dance. He likes to help with the laundry, by help I mean pull everything out of the basket and mess up everything I have already folded! :) He loves to move things from one place to another. His little temper is starting to show itself more often.  Sometimes its hard to tell if he is hurt or mad, they both sound the same. I have to rock him to sleep. If I try to just put him in his crib he screams, I've let him cry for over 45 minutes, but the second I pick him up he settles right down and goes to sleep. 
He gives the best hugs and kisses.
He can say hi, ouch, ah oh, da da, ma ma, ba ba, bye bye, and cookie.  Grandpa max is pretty sure he can say pizza and pa pa.
He tries to whistle, which is pretty cute.
He mimics his toy firetruck. 
We had a Bailey party for him on Sunday, it was combined with Spencer's party. He really liked his chocolate cake. Everyone was there to wish him a happy birthday!
Then on Monday (his actual birthday) we went to Chuck-a-Rama for lunch. Then later that night we had a Borgstrom party. Everyone was there except Andrew, Cheryl, Miriam and Quentin.
 At both parties he had good help opening his presents.  He always has a lot of helping hands.  I don't think he minds it.
Grandma LouLou made him a monkey blanket.
Instead of cake, since he had some the day before, he had peanut butter bars.
 This was the first time he had peanut butter.
 I'm pretty sure he liked it!


We are so blessed to have Bensen in our family! He is so loved by everyone, and he brings us so much happiness!


No comments: