Everyone pretty much knows this...I love Halloween! I always have. For as long as I can remember anyway. I remember dressing up like a witch year round. So far I have been very lucky and my sweet husband and amazing kids have let me do what ever I want with them every year. About a month ago Jaycee came home from school and said "So and so said you can be what ever you want for Halloween...that isn't true, right Mom? You can't be whatever you want." So I was feeling a little guilty this year. So I let the kids pick what they wanted to be. I started off with Wesley. He told me he wanted to be Olaf. Jaycee hearing that went crazy and said she wanted to be Elsa and proceeded to tell me what the rest of us could be. I was not very happy, I really didn't want to do a Frozen theme. I was going to let them be what they wanted to be and have me, Mike and Bensen do something different. But they have always been so good to let me do whatever I want I will let them have this year. Jaycee has already committed to be the Bride of Frankenstein next year, and Wes said he wants to be Dracula. So next year we will be back to my kind of costumes. So here we are. We've got Sven, Kristoff, Anna, Olaf and Elsa.
Big Anna and Little Anna.
Kristoff and his Reindeer
These two are priceless!
Elsa and Anna.
I made our costumes and Jaycee's wig, the rest of Jaycee costume and Wesley's came from Amazon.
When I showed Jaycee my costume she loved it and said I looked just like Anna and she wanted me to go show Wesley, so I did. He said I didn't look like Anna at all. Hmmm. I told him it would have to be good enough. As long as we have Olaf and Elsa with us people should be able to guess who we are.
Jaime was the only other adult that dressed up! My other siblings were lame this year. Joy was excused because her whole family was home sick. Abbie was also sick. Jaime's family did the Mario theme. They had Mario(Pars) Luigi(Josh), Waluigi(Jaime), funny side note, Jaime was going to be Toadette but Luke, her 3 year old, got on Amazon and bought Waluigi! Orange Yoshi(Luke), Green Yoshi (Ellie), and Abbie is going to be Peach. I think Matt was going to be Toad.
Here Waluigi is riding on Yoshi's back.
Jaime sewed the Yoshi costumes. They turned out so cute! And she did them in like one day!
Wesley walked around saying "I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs." If only that were true. He is getting better at giving hug.
Me and my fixer upper. :)
All the Bailey cousins well enough to be there.
Fun group of kids. There are 21 grand kids now with one on the way. Amber is pregnant.
Bensen only made it through the pictures. He slept through the rest of the party.
We did the train ride, pinata, monster bean bag toss, for a pop, roll a monster and charades. It was a pretty fun party. We also ate really good food, taco soup, Jaime made a yummy desert and Mike made a lime punch.
I am glad that this year we don't have any crazy makeup or a change of hair color. It's nice to come home and just be able to go to bed and not have to shower everyone.
Whats not to love about Halloween?
No comments:
Post a Comment