Time is going by so fast! Bensen is already almost 7 weeks old! We blessed him last Sunday, March 2. I am so grateful for the priesthood, and the blessing he received that day, and that Mike was able to bless him.
Bensen with Grandma LouLou.
He is such a good baby. Aunt Jaime is always saying how relaxed and chill he is. He is pretty smiley, the camera just doesn't do his little toothless grin justice.
Grandma and Grandpa Borgstrom.
Bensen has the best big sister and big brother. They love to hold him and take care of him. There was one day I was going to get in the shower and Wesley told me he would watch Bensen for me. I told him I was going to put him in his car seat and take him into the bathroom with me. He decided he needed to come too, so he sat in the bathroom and watched him the whole time I was in the shower! Anytime he even moved Wesley was right there to make sure he was ok, or put his binky back in his mouth. It was pretty cute. Jaycee always wants to hold him, first thing when she gets home from school (which I hate! I just imagine her covered in all those elementary school germs!). I do let her hold him, but she has to wash up first.
They sure love him.
Here he is with Grandpa Max and Brody.
Grandma and Grandpa Bailey.
Grandma Carmae.
Me and my Bens.
I loved his little outfit. I bought his bowtie and suspenders on esty, I found his shirt at Toy r Us, and I made his pants! I found the pants tutorial here. That was actually pretty fun, and put me in the mood to try some other things. Usually when I sew things they don't turn out like they are supposed to, this time they did! It gave me a little confidence, I'm thinking about making Jaycee a skirt and Wesley some pants. We will see how motivated I stay.
Bensen and Daddy.
And another shot of his sweet outfit.
He really is a good baby. He sleeps ok for a newborn. I get up ever 2-4 hours, he does so good, but it usually takes me a good 30 minutes to an hour to get him back to sleep. He's been pretty congested so that doesn't help.
Here is the latest updated picture of the house. It has windows now, I just haven't taken a picture the last week or so. We are all getting pretty excited. Mike has been paying the kids when they come and help us clean up. Clean up is one of our sweat equity items. The kids love to help. It has been pretty fun. Jaycee is saving her money for a kendama. I'm not sure what Wesley is saving up for, but he need $40!
One of the best things about our new house is the backyard! I am looking forward to spending a lot of time back there.
The kids already love playing back there. I can't wait till there is grass, so they aren't always a muddy mess.
For Valentines this year my mom invited all the kids over before school and had a nice Valentines breakfast. Then around 4 we went to Chuck-a-Rama with Mikes family. After that Jaycee and Wesley went to Sarah's house to play, while me, Mike and Bensen watched TV. Romantic huh? It was nice to just relax. With having a new baby we don't get out much.
For Valentines this year my mom invited all the kids over before school and had a nice Valentines breakfast. Then around 4 we went to Chuck-a-Rama with Mikes family. After that Jaycee and Wesley went to Sarah's house to play, while me, Mike and Bensen watched TV. Romantic huh? It was nice to just relax. With having a new baby we don't get out much.
The kids both fight over who gets to shower with Bensen, so this night they all got in their swim suits and went swimming in Grandma LouLou's bathtub.
Problem solved.
I know Bensen doesn't look thrilled, but I'm sure he liked it.
I know Jaycee and Wesley loved it. They have begged me every night to do it again.
Jaycee lost another tooth. She had a loose tooth for a while. I was teasing her that if she pulled her tooth out she would have more money for her kendama. About two minutes later she came out of the bathroom holding her tooth...I guess she really wants that kendama!
I signed Jaycee up for spring soccer. She is pretty excited to start playing again. Wesley has been saying he wants to try tumbling again, so I think I'm going to let him try. Last time he tried he liked it for about 2 weeks, then it was too hard. He does not want to do soccer again.
I started to play soccer again four weeks after Bensen was born. I missed it a lot! I had a pretty rocky start, I felt like by body was betraying me...not doing what I wanted it to. I've only fell on my butt once, so I guess it's not too bad. It will be nice when I get into better shape and my body will do what I tell it to.
We are all so excited for warm weather. It has been so nice out (when it's not raining) we have loved going on walks and riding bikes and just being able to send the kids out back to play.
Come on Spring. We are ready!
I signed Jaycee up for spring soccer. She is pretty excited to start playing again. Wesley has been saying he wants to try tumbling again, so I think I'm going to let him try. Last time he tried he liked it for about 2 weeks, then it was too hard. He does not want to do soccer again.
I started to play soccer again four weeks after Bensen was born. I missed it a lot! I had a pretty rocky start, I felt like by body was betraying me...not doing what I wanted it to. I've only fell on my butt once, so I guess it's not too bad. It will be nice when I get into better shape and my body will do what I tell it to.
We are all so excited for warm weather. It has been so nice out (when it's not raining) we have loved going on walks and riding bikes and just being able to send the kids out back to play.
Come on Spring. We are ready!





No comments:
Post a Comment