Saturday, August 31, 2013

School!

Wow, summer is over! Sad. We had so much fun, I can't complain. In the last couple of weeks we had a Borgstrom Family reunion, and went camping a couple of times. Once to Coalville, and then to Anderson Cove.
Our reunion this year was on Saturday, August 17.  Here is a group picture.
 Every year we try to make something for the reunion. Mike comes up with really brilliant ideas, then I get to create them. He is the brains behind everything.
This is a picture of Mikes Great Grands and family. This is the family "Saving Private Ryan" was based on.  5 went to WWII and only on came back, Mikes Grandpa.  There is a monument in Tremonton that President Monson dedicated.
 Here is a picture of his Grandma, in the hearts is her handwriting.
 In this one, is a picture of his Grandparents, in the other picture is his dad and siblings. On the bottom under his grandparents is more of his Grandma's handwriting.
 I wish I had taken pictures of them before I wrapped them up and sold them. Opps.
Here are the cute Borgstrom cousins minus Logan and Quentin.
 I love getting together with family.  We went to the Brigham City Community pool and park. It really was a lot of fun. Andrew and Cheryl even made it down for the reunion.
The next day we headed off to Coalville for some camping.
We bought the kids new fishing poles.  They loved them.
 Wesley just wanted to catch crawdads with his pole.
 Jaycee loved fishing! She didn't want to give up until she had caught a fish to eat! Lucky for me she didn't end up catching anything.  In this pond they can't use bait, so she was fishing with just a hook.
 She loved it. 
 We had a fun week with Andrew and Cheryl being here.  The kids loved having their cousins here to play with.
The next weekend we went with my family to Anderson Cove up at Pineview. My dad even patched up the old water weenie!  On Friday, it was a little stormy so we had the lake to ourselves.  Parson and Tyson got to try shore starting!  Amber and Spencer skied, and Amber wake boarded! We haven't done that for a long time.  We usually just tub.  Not very often are you the only boat and have such good water conditions at Pineview. It was pretty awesome.  I was a little jealous that I couldn't try.
On Saturday everyone (young and old) rode the water weenie!  Spencer, Tyson, Amber and Jaime had the first ride, insisting they need to show the little kids how it was done.  It looked so fun.  I have a lot of good memories of being out in the water on the water weenie.  My dad dumped them a couple of times, then it was the kids turn.  He drove much more gently for them.  I did finally talk him into dumping them.  It was the softest fall I have ever seen...my dad has some major skills! I even ended up riding with Wesley. He liked it!
A big storm blew in around 5.  We were all safe in our campers or trailers, except Amber and my Dad.  They got stuck in the storm getting the boat out. Amber said the waves were up to her chest. She had to help some people get their boat on, the waves had broke their trailer!  Once again my dad has mad skills and was able to make a perfect landing even with the storm.  We had a great time.
On Monday the 26th, Jaycee started first grade!  She was pretty excited, and shed no tears.  And she loves her Hello Kitty backpack.
 It is so weird having her gone all day.  Wesley asks everyday if he gets to go to school too.  Poor guy still has two years!  I think he will like being home better once Bear gets here. That's what he told me he is going to call the baby. 
 Mae is in Jaycee's class this year. I'm glad they have each other.
 They even get to sit kind of close...their teacher, Mrs Toomey, says maybe a little to close. :)
 When we went to get Jaycee off the bus on Tuesday Wesley found some friends.  He had both of his hands full of them! He brought them home and played with them for days...I'm pretty sure none of them survived. :( But, it was fun while it lasted.
 Jaycee loved playing with them also, but she would only touch their shells. She spent most of her time lining them up.  They would move a little and she would line them up another way.  She lines everything up. It's kind of funny.
 Oh to be young again. 
 While Jaycee was lining them up Wesley was carrying one around putting it on everything.  The rock, the bricks, in that little bird cage, on the solar lights.  They are both so different.
 Both are so cute! I'm a pretty luck Mom.
 
Now we are trying to get back in the school routine.  Waking up early, reading, homework, and going to bed early. Here's to an awesome school year!

Photobucket

No comments: