How is it November already? I swear time is going by so fast!
This year we were The Supers. I think our family costume are coming to an end. It was hard to come up with something Jaycee and Wesley agreed on. First Jaycee wanted to be a cat, then a witch. We bought her a witch costume, but when it came we were not impressed. I think she wanted it because it lit up, and it didn't lite up very well. Wesley saw superman at Walmart one day and that was it for him. There was no talking him out of it. When Jaycee was that little she didn't get a choice, she was what I wanted her to be. Not so with Wesley. So I was able to talk Jaycee into being Supergirl. I took her to the store and let her try on the costume. She liked how sparkly it was so we were good.
Almost every year we have parties early in October. This year our first party was on the 29th. Maybe that's why I felt like Halloween snuck up on me. October 29th was our Bailey Halloween party.
Some of the Bailey cousins, and Grandpa Max.
All the Bailey cousin's except for Colton.
We had fun, my mom got the train again. The kids love the train. She did the haunted fishing hole, a ring toss, and a pinata.
Here's Wesley and Brody.
And Jaycee and Paige.
With Grandma Carmae.
Usually everyone dresses up, even the adults. Not so this year, me and Jaime and my mom and dad were the only ones in costume. Katie did have some pretty cool glasses and Trevor had a scary mask, so I guess that counts. I made Amber put on my skeleton shirt from last year, and I pretty much had to force her. That was a little disappointing. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with, and this year it was a little sad.
Me, my mom and my sisters. I really love getting together with all of them.
We have a lot of fun.
I love that Mike goes along with me every year. He is such a good sport and he never complains, another of the many reasons I love him.
I love my parents.
Jaime and Matt, aka Ursula and King Triton.
Wesley taking a crack at the pinata.
Jaycee having her turn.
Even some of the adults got in on the fun.
We start with the youngest and work our way up. Right after this picture was taken Spencer broke the bat and put a hole in the wall.
We didn't let that stop us.
Trevor finally just ripped it open. I love the people in the back ground.
We had a pasta bar that was really good. Katie made mummy dogs for the kids. Joy made a really good drink. Jaime made pumpkin bar. The rest of us helped with the pasta bar stuff. The food is always great.
On the 30th we had our neighborhood party. I'm not going to lie I didn't really want to dress up. I guess I was kind of in a funk. I thought we were going to be the only ones dressed up. Luckily once we got there, there was a lot of people dressed up and it was a lot of fun. We had a really good turn out, we didn't run out of food, which is always a plus, but we did run out of candy.
On Halloween Jaycee had a class party. I was able to go and help, that was fun. Later that day was the Borgstrom party. We got all dressed up again. Mike's mom goes all out. The kids decorated cookies and she had cute cups full of candy. We had Chili, mummy dogs, bread sticks, and she made a pretty awesome Halloween cake.
They played pin the nose on the pumpkin.
Then they went "Trick or Treating" with their cousins (Sarah's kids). They got really good candy, both me and Mike were impressed.
Anyway, we had a really good Halloween. And I had a good time pulling our costumes together. I can't wait to see what happens next year. Hopefully we can still do our family costumes. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment