Jaycee started school today!
It's hard to believe. She has been so excited, which is good because she really didn't like preschool. She told me she would like this school because it has a slide. I tried to explain to her that she would only get to go out on the slide for a couple of minutes a day. That didn't seem to bother her. She was so excited she woke me up at 7 o'clock wanting to get ready. I hope she loves it and stays excited all year.
She has a really good teacher. Mike and my sister Amber went to school with her, and I play soccer with her. I think that it has helped that Jaycee has been around her and kind of knows her. Here's a little poem she gave to us when we walked in.
It's hard to believe. She has been so excited, which is good because she really didn't like preschool. She told me she would like this school because it has a slide. I tried to explain to her that she would only get to go out on the slide for a couple of minutes a day. That didn't seem to bother her. She was so excited she woke me up at 7 o'clock wanting to get ready. I hope she loves it and stays excited all year.
She has a really good teacher. Mike and my sister Amber went to school with her, and I play soccer with her. I think that it has helped that Jaycee has been around her and kind of knows her. Here's a little poem she gave to us when we walked in.
The First Day
I gave you a little wink and smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave,
And know your child must stay.
You've been with them for five years now,
And have been a loving guide.
But now, alas, the time has come
To leave them at my side.
Just know that as you drive away,
And down the tears will flow.
I'll love them as I would my own.
And help them learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know,
How quickly the years do pass.
I have been in your shoes and had to
Take my own child to class.
So please, put your mind at ease,
And cry those tears no more,
For I will love them and take them in
When you leave them at my door.
I was ok until I sat in my car and read the poem, then I got a little teary eyed. I know that she is in good hands.
This is when I picked her up.

1 comment:
Ok, Chelsea, now I need a giant box of tissue. That poem... it was so great. Totally made me cry. I'm glad Jaycee had so much fun on her first day of school. Emilee is getting excited to start next week. Can you believe our babies are in school now?! Time has moved by way too fast. Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment