Friday, October 9, 2009

Welcome Wesley


Well he's finally here!! He was born October 1 at 4:13 weighing in at 6 lbs. 13 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. It was an experience! Different from the first. With Jaycee, labor was a breeze. Wesley was a whole other story. Things started off pretty normal. When I got to the hospital my contractions were 7 minutes apart. I got my epidural around 11. It was an intern that did it and she had to do it twice, painful. Around 12 o'clock I was still in quite a bit of pain so I got another epidural, which worked really well for a couple of hours. It wore off way faster than I wanted. I kept telling the nurse I was in pain, they gave me a lot of medicine, I shouldn't have been able to feel anything. However I was feeling a lot. Mike went and got the nurse, she checked me and I was ready. They called the Dr and about 5 minutes later she was there and I was pushing. After the second push my Dr. said "That's weird!" And I said "What's weird!?!" The cord was wrapped around his little neck. After that it was a blur. The Dr. kept telling me he was fine, I looked over at him and the nurses were doing CPR on his little body. I had a lot of family in with me and everyone was so quiet. It was very scary to see him just laying there not moving or making any noise. The Dr. kept assuring me he was fine. Finally we heard him make a little cry. I got to hold him for about 10 seconds and then he was whisked away to the NICU. Mike was able to go with him. They came back about 5 minutes later and said he was doing really good, breathing on his own, but they wanted to keep him and watch him for a couple hours. Mike was able to take our family member in to see him two at a time. I was the last to get to see him and it was about 2 hours after he was born. When I finally got to see him he was doing so good, I got to hold him. He is so perfect.
I am so grateful to be his mom. I am truly blessed. I think if any of the medicine had worked and I was numb I wouldn't have known when he was ready. Things happened so fast. If it had taken them any longer then it did I don't know if we would have our little guy today. Truly Blessed. He's so perfect.

On another note, Mike turned 32 on the 11th. So happy birthday Mike! I love you.


Also we are going to be moving to Hooper! Not for another 5 to 6 months, but it's nice knowing what we have to look forward to. We are really excited. And scared at the same time. We've had a busy couple of weeks.:)

2 comments:

memoriesinthemaking said...

Congratulations Chels. Wesley is dang cute. Sounds like a miracle baby. I think all babies are miracles though. Can't wait to see him.

E's Mommy said...

Chelsea that is so scary. I bet you hated waiting those 2 hours before you could hold him again. I'm so happy things worked out ok. He sure is a cutie and I'm certain the LORD was with you all that day.

Jon's parents live in Roy. Hooper is great. I'm sure you will have tons of fun there when your new house is finally finished. So excited for you guys.