Friday, November 7, 2008

We had a really good dinner tonight, Chicken Breast with Tomatillo Salsa. I wish I had taken a picture because it looked almost as good as it taste. It was really easy to make, from start to finish it only took about 25 minutes. And it Makes 4 serving.

2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 cup tomatillos
3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped

1. In a resealable plastic bag combine cornmeal, flour, chili powder, salt, and pepper. add a few chicken pieces. Seal bag; shake to coat.

2. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes of until chicken is no longer pink. Turning once.

3. Meanwhile, for salsa, coarsely chop tomatillos. In a small bowl stir together chopped tomatillos, the cilantro, onion, lime juice, and jalapeno pepper. Serve over chicken.

I cooked the chicken while Mike made the salsa. We served it over rice, and it was delicious!! I'm posting this especially for Jaime, because I think she would really like it.

Until next time, enjoy!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Mmmmmm....that sounds awesome!! Where'd you get the recipe? I want to make that tonight! Except I don't have most of the stuff...

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

If a recipe consists of more than 4 ingredents, then I do not classify it as "easy". Once I get half way thru reading the list I think to myself, this is far too hard! :]
...and I wonder why my daughter asks for pizza for breakfast...and every meal for that matter.

Jaime said...

We made this for dinner the other night and LOVED it! Yumm! I added more cilantro and lime, just because I love them.
I ate the extra salsa on a baked potato the next day for lunch!