Sunday, July 14, 2024

Friends and Goodwater Rim Trail

It was so fun seeing my high school friends! I haven't seen them in years. We met up at Pineview, the kids played in the water while we chatted.  It was nice to catch up and see their kids. Brynley is so good about planning things. I wish I was better at that, I would love to see these people more often!
Amber planned this trip, to go ride bikes at Good Water Rim Trail in Castle Dale with us and her friends. Her friends ended up not being able to go, so she was stuck with us. At first she wasn't super happy about it, but I think she still had fun.
Me and Mike left before everyone else so we go there and had some time, so we found a nice little restuarant then we went and played some frisbee golf.
Jaime and Matt had some car trouble on the way down, Amber was close and was able to follow them, and everyone made it to the house.
We stayed up and for a while and played some card games, then went be bed, we knew we wanted to get an early start, because we knew it was going to get hot! 
We had to go park one of the cars on the other side, so while Mike and Tyson did that we took some pictures.





We were off to a good start, and then Tyson got a flat tire, which we could not repair because we didn't have C02 cartridges. Lucky for him we hadn't made it too far, because he had to walk his bike back to the car. The rest of us carried on.
Amber was way ahead of us. We met up with Tyson at about the halfway point. I let him take my bike, so he could get some riding in. Mike and Tyson continued on while I waiting at the car for Jaime and Matt. Matt didn't have the best bike, the brakes were rubbing and he was having to work really hard. When they got to the halfway Jaime wanted to keep going, so I took Matts bike and me and Jaime started going. We went about 4 more miles, after talking to Mike they were just finishing up, so we turned around and went back the way we came.
After our ride we went and saw some petroglyphs. 

After our ride Mike, Amber and Tyson went and played some golf, so Me, Jaime and Matt went back to the frisbee golf park.
Overall we had a great trip and a fun ride.

No comments: