Thursday, January 5, 2017

Happy Anniversary!

It really is crazy to think  we have been married for 11 years. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were just friends hanging out!
 At the same time, it seems like we have been together our whole lives!
 I'm so glad Mike had the patience to wait for me to make up my mind. (Was there really ever a question?) I was pretty scared to get married and it took me a couple of years to come around to the idea.
 Marrying Mike was the best decision I have ever made.
 We have been so blessed. We have lived in 3 houses, remodeled/rebuilt a motor home and sold it,  have owned 6 cars, and have 4 of the best kids around!
 Mike has done a great job keeping us out of debt. We have never really used a credit card, and have paid cash for pretty much everything we have, with the exception of our house.
Mike has worked for the IRS our whole marriage with a handful of different positions. Currently he is a tax analyst, he tells me he does work load selection and delivery.  I was in a temple interview one time and the guy asked me what my husband did for a living, and I really couldn't tell him and felt pretty stupid! He told me I should probably find out how my husband supports our family. Since then I try to understand. So he selects work for people to do and then delivers it to them....I think. :)
We have had several different callings in the church. My latest is Young Woman Miamaid advisor and Mike is the Gospel Doctrine teacher.
 I feel like we have grown a ton in  11 years! Not just in size! ;) But we have done that too.
 I remember when we were just about to have Wesley I told Mike I was worried because I wasn't sure how we could love another kid as much as we loved Jaycee. It is amazing how love can grow. And it continues to grow with each child.
 I could have never imagined how much more I could love Mike. I thought I loved him the day we got married, but it pales in comparison to how much I love him now!
 Who knew?
 He is so funny! He makes me laugh everyday.
 He is the best dad. Just ask my kids. :)
 He is the smartest person I know, he's a hard worker, and a great teacher.
I really don't know how I ended up so lucky, but I am so glad God saved him for me.
 Mike, I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you. I'm pretty sure I could not survive without you. 
 I thank Heavenly Father everyday that he let me have you. 
You really are the best thing that ever happened to me!
I love you!

No comments: