For Thanksgiving this year we went to Grandma and Grandpa Borgstroms. We had a great time. We have so much to be thankful for this year. I am grateful for the Gospel, for my Savior Jesus Christ, for Mike, Jaycee, Wesley, Bensen, and my parents and in laws, my brothers and sister. I love living close to everybody and getting to see them often. I'm grateful for my nice warm home and bed! This time of year I feel so bad for those that don't have a nice warm place to eat or sleep. :( I am thankful for my health, and the health of my family. I love serving in the Young Women's program and I love the girls and the leaders I get to work with every week. There is just so much to be thankful for, I couldn't possibly name everything. These are a few of my favorite things.
Jaycee and Wesley loved playing soccer this year. I didn't get any pictures because I was coaching Jaycee's team and Wesley played at the same time on another field. Wesley got the hang of it this year he was a scoring machine! Jaycee is an amazing defender and kept the other team from scoring. They both did so well! Wesley has also been taking tumbling. He can do backhand springs and cartwheels and round offs. It is amazing what they are capable of.
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Mike was called as the Gospel Doctrine teacher! Probably the scariest calling other then Bishop. He does such a good job. He is so funny and keeps you interested in the material. I've had several people tell me how good he does. Amber is also a Gospel Doctrine teacher, she also is a great teacher.
We have been focusing a lot on getting our food storage up to par. We have been taking the money Josh pays us for rent and buying food. We almost have the minim of what we should have for a family of 5 for a year, which isn't a lot, but at the same time it is. We have buckets everywhere! It feels good to be working on something the Prophets have told us repeatedly we need to be working on.
We have read some books by Julie Rowe who had a near death experience and sees the events leading up to the second coming. It really put thing into perspective of what is most important. Taking care of our kids is the most important. People look forward to the second coming but there are a lot of trials that will lead up to it...even for church members. The second coming is surely going to happen, I hope to be prepared spiritual and temporally, whether it's this year or not in our life time.
At the end of this month we were able to go see some our my nieces and nephews sing at the Christmas Tree jubilee. It was a lot of fun, and afterword the kids were able to see Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Jaycee asked for a makeup set and Wesley asked for a Lego set and they told Santa that Bensen wanted a teddy bear.
We had to take a picture by the bride and groom trees. Along with at least 10 others.
We are excited for Christmas. We have our home all decorated and ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment