Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Anniversary!


I wanted to Hijack your blog for a day and let you know what a wonderful wife, mother, and person you are.  We were sealed in the Manti temple 7 years ago, I can’t believe 7 years have passed so quickly. Happy Anniversary!  I’m sure you remember when I used to write you corny poems all the time, because you always mention how you miss it.  So here you go…I think I've gotten worse, if that is possible.

Seven years have come and gone,
And somehow we still get along.
I can’t imagine my life without you,
I know that you feel the same way too.

Remember the day I had to sell my car,
And walk to catch a bus, which was pretty far…
Just so we could afford our first house, what a deal!
And still we didn’t know if we could pay the bill.

I remember the day that Jaycee joined us,
Our lives were forever changed and blessed.
Wesley came quickly, and gave us a scare,
We learned the fragile nature of our lives and power of prayer.

Now we want more, and it’s not looking so great,
But if we have faith, I think we can wait.
Until the time that is right, if it is to be,
We don’t know God’s Will, we’ll just wait and see.

Whether the Mother of two or of eight,
Me and the kids know you will always do great.
You are the best person, Mother, and Wife,
You are the most important person in my life.

You are such a great Mother.  You are always doing fun things for the kids, just in the past couple months you have taken hours to create a Thanksgiving Turkey for the kids to dress up, and a Felt Christmas Tree for the kids to decorate.  You planned 25 things to do as a family for Christmas.  You never complain about having to take care of the kids, even on their most difficult days.  You know what a blessing they are in our lives. 

You are a thoughtful and caring wife.  You make me feel loved and appreciated.  I was so surprised when I found my own 25 days of Christmas in my office.  25 reasons you love me.  It was a lot of fun to see what you came up with for each day.  And to realize that many of the reasons you love me are the same reasons I love you.  You support all of my random crazy ideas to work towards a better future, even though I can’t seem to get anything beyond an idea. 

I love your dedication to God.  You got us started on reading the scriptures each day as a family.  I think it has been about 3 years that we have kept up that practice. You have been so dedicated in each of your callings, including Young Women's Counselor and your willingness to work towards your own Young Women’s Medallion.  I know that you see the Lords hand in all things and that you turn to prayer in times of difficulty and times of gratitude.   

You come from a strong family unit, where everyone still sees each other at least weekly.  You do things together, like play on a soccer team and go to movies.  My hope is that unity continues in our family as our kids grow.  I love how you have created Halloween costumes themes for the family.  So many things we do, we do as a family.  I see and hear of families that pull apart and go there own way at the earliest opportunity, just waiting for a chance to get away from the family.  With Satan's influence attempting to destroy families it scares me a little, but I know we can hold on to our family unity with you at the lead.  

You do what is hard for so many people to do, avoid gossip.  You recognize it, are disgusted by it, it and you change the subject to get people to stop gossiping.  You understand that everyone has their own trials they are dealing with, and you do your best not to judge them, and I love that!

You won’t accept failure…in potty training for Wesley, in learning sight words and reading for Jaycee.  Sometimes remaining patient is difficult, but when you know something is good for the kids or me, you keep pushing until we get to our goal. 

You are still athletic and concerned about how you feel and look.   You sill play soccer, and you are amazing at it, and look for any opportunities to get a little exercise.  I wish I had a little bit of that enthusiasm, but my commute most days is from my bed to my office downstairs, and if I had an elevator, I would probably take that.  You encourage me to walk and play basketball, and one day soon, I’ll take you up on that again.

There are so many things that I love about you, but most of all I love that I have found an eternal companion that loves me in spite of my weaknesses.  You are beautiful inside and out.  You are strong in the face of trials; you find humor and joy in everyday things.  I once heard the advice to marry the person that makes you want to be a better person; I took that advice 7 years ago.  Still seven years later, each day you make me want to be a better husband, father, provider, priesthood holder, and individual. 

I love you! Happy Anniversary Chelsea! 



1 comment:

E's Mommy said...

Chelsea you are so blessed! Mike that was so beautiful and I loved the poem. It wasn't even for me and it put a tear in my eye. Happy Anniversary you guys! I hope you have an amazing day together.