When we first moved into our house I told Mike I wanted to paint on the walls, he told me I had to wait a year. Well, it's been a year! So Wes now has stuff painted on his walls! We moved into our house when he was 7 months old. When we first moved in I decided I wanted to do Monkeys. I couldn't find any bedding that I loved but I did find a blanket that I loved so the room is based off of the blanket. Which I didn't take a picture of. I started on one wall, I tried drawing with a pencil first and it was horrible! I guess I'm a better painter then drawer so I free handed the first wall.
My very talented sister in law came over and painted the cute little monkeys. I didn't dare try.
Then I added some leaves and a bird.
I wanted a tree in the corner. For this one I borrowed my father-in-laws projector and traced the tree silhouette. I added the curly end to match the other wall.
Then it just need leaves a couple birds and a monkey. I did paint that one myself. And I'm pretty proud of it. :)
I'm really happy with the way things turned out. I still need to finish the birds on the big tree and I think I am going to put some little birds standing on the closet.
4 comments:
Wow Chel. I'm impressed. Those look awesome.
I love it! So So cute.
My wife is so talented, next time we buy a new house, I'll only make her wait 6 months to paint on the new walls! Love you!
I love how your walls turned out! You are so unbelievably talented. Such a cute idea for a boy.
And Mike, you should have only made her wait a few months. LOL. A new house is a big canvas just waiting for something to be put on the walls. :)
Post a Comment