Wow, what a trip. We had such a good time. I'm going to try to remember what we did all week, but it is all kind of a blur. I'll do my best. We flew out on Saturday the 9, and stayed in Miami for a night. On Sunday we got on our boat, the Carnival Valor, around 12:30. Around 5 we set sail. We played cards and ate. On Monday the 11th, Mikes birthday, we were at sea all day. We played a little win lose or draw, boys against girls, the boys won. :(
It was formal night so we got all dressed up and went to dinner. The waiters sang to Mike, and he got to try lobster.
We went to a comedy show and "Showtime" which reminded me of Northridges dance club. Not great. But it was still kind of funny.
On Tuesday the 12th we were in Grand Cayman. We got off of the boat early and did a little shopping. Then we hopped on a Catamaran and went to 3 different snorkeling spots.
The first one wasn't great. It was really windy and the water was rough. Still fun though. Then we went to sting ray city. That was really fun. I have pictures, but they are on Trevor's camera, so I'll have to post them later. Then we went to another place to snorkel. We were in a big hurry to get back, when we got to the tender there was a big line to get back on the boat. So we had to wait in line for like 45 minutes. It was scary trying to get on the tenders, the water was so rough. You really had to time it right. Then it took the tender driver like 5 minutes to get us away from the dock. I thought for sure we were going to smash in to the wall. The waves were so big. I also got fried this day. I put sunscreen on 3 times, and I looked like a lobster! It was really bad. I actually got really sick after dinner and just went to bed. I think it was a mixture of the sun burn and the rocking of the boat. Yuck! I felt much better in the morning, except for the burn.
I forgot to mention, that on the news on Saturday they were watching a hurricane over the Caribbean. Which wasn't surprising. I've never been on a family vacation were it wasn't stormy. When my family went to Hawaii in 2007 they said they were having the worst storm they have had in 50 years! The seven pools looked like the Colorado river! We had to move boulder out of the road so we could keep driving the road to Hauna. We lost power, our condo flooded and our beach was closed the whole trip! I guess that's another post entirely! The point is bad weather follows us (my parents) wherever we go!
Anyway when we got back on the boat we had dinner, then found out that because of the hurricane we were going to be rerouted to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Nassau. We were supposed to go to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. We were all pretty bummed. We had some really good excursions planned. In Roatan we were going to Zip-line and pet monkeys. In Belize we were going to take a river trip to the Alta Hun ruins. And in Cozumel we had rented a car and we were going to explore by ourselves.
On Wednesday the 13th we pulled into Ocho Rios. We got off the boat not having a clue what to do. Katie, my sister-in-law, went right to work and found Dolphin Cove. She got us a really good deal.
We got to swim with a Dolphin, climb up a river,snorkel and hold a giant iguana and snake!
It was so much fun, but again I don't have those pictures yet. I'll have to make a slide show later.
Thursday and Friday are really a blur, we were on the boat at sea both of those day. I didn't do much on Thursday because I was still in so much pain from my burn. On Friday my burn was so much better. Between the two days we played cards, ate, went to shows, ate, took naps, ate, played volleyball, ate some more, did I mention that we ate? Oh my goodness there was so much food! For the most part it was really good food! I was sure that when I got home I was going to have gained 10-20 pounds! Luckily I only gained 5.
On Saturday we were in Nassau, that's in the Bahamas. Again we weren't sure what we were going to do. Katie took charge again, thank goodness, if it were up to me and Mike we probably would have sat by the boat all day. We are not very good and making decisions. We took a 2 and a half hour tour of the city, rich and poor. That was pretty neat. I couldn't believe how small some of the houses were, maybe as big as one of my kids bedrooms. And my kids rooms are pretty small. This is the Queens stair case.
Then we went to the Atlantis resort and walked around. Amazing hotel!
Then we went to the beach and snorkeled. In order to get to the place to snorkel we had to walk about a mile each way in the sand! My calf's were so sore the next day!
On Sunday we were back in Miami. Trevor found us an awesome hotel right on Miami beach. Behind us was the ocean, in front of us was the ocean. It was amazing. So we swam for a bit, then ate dinner pretty much on the beach. I don't think it could get much better then that.
All in all we had such a good time. It was so fun hanging out with my parents and Trevor and Katie, they were all so much fun.
The staff on the ship was amazing, everybody was so nice. Now I'm excited for our next family vacation, this time were going to have to take the kids along. It was so hard being away from them for ten days! Too long. When Sarah brought the kid to our house, Wesley was so confused, he just stared at me. He recognized Mike and was happy and smiling with him, then when I took him he started crying. Sad.:( I know Sarah's nicer then I am, but come on! Jaycee was all hugs and I missed yous. She was so sweet. Next time they are definitely coming with.
On Tuesday the 12th we were in Grand Cayman. We got off of the boat early and did a little shopping. Then we hopped on a Catamaran and went to 3 different snorkeling spots.
I forgot to mention, that on the news on Saturday they were watching a hurricane over the Caribbean. Which wasn't surprising. I've never been on a family vacation were it wasn't stormy. When my family went to Hawaii in 2007 they said they were having the worst storm they have had in 50 years! The seven pools looked like the Colorado river! We had to move boulder out of the road so we could keep driving the road to Hauna. We lost power, our condo flooded and our beach was closed the whole trip! I guess that's another post entirely! The point is bad weather follows us (my parents) wherever we go!
Anyway when we got back on the boat we had dinner, then found out that because of the hurricane we were going to be rerouted to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Nassau. We were supposed to go to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. We were all pretty bummed. We had some really good excursions planned. In Roatan we were going to Zip-line and pet monkeys. In Belize we were going to take a river trip to the Alta Hun ruins. And in Cozumel we had rented a car and we were going to explore by ourselves.
On Wednesday the 13th we pulled into Ocho Rios. We got off the boat not having a clue what to do. Katie, my sister-in-law, went right to work and found Dolphin Cove. She got us a really good deal.
Thursday and Friday are really a blur, we were on the boat at sea both of those day. I didn't do much on Thursday because I was still in so much pain from my burn. On Friday my burn was so much better. Between the two days we played cards, ate, went to shows, ate, took naps, ate, played volleyball, ate some more, did I mention that we ate? Oh my goodness there was so much food! For the most part it was really good food! I was sure that when I got home I was going to have gained 10-20 pounds! Luckily I only gained 5.
On Saturday we were in Nassau, that's in the Bahamas. Again we weren't sure what we were going to do. Katie took charge again, thank goodness, if it were up to me and Mike we probably would have sat by the boat all day. We are not very good and making decisions. We took a 2 and a half hour tour of the city, rich and poor. That was pretty neat. I couldn't believe how small some of the houses were, maybe as big as one of my kids bedrooms. And my kids rooms are pretty small. This is the Queens stair case.
On Sunday we were back in Miami. Trevor found us an awesome hotel right on Miami beach. Behind us was the ocean, in front of us was the ocean. It was amazing. So we swam for a bit, then ate dinner pretty much on the beach. I don't think it could get much better then that.
All in all we had such a good time. It was so fun hanging out with my parents and Trevor and Katie, they were all so much fun.
3 comments:
great post! Good job remembering all the details. Way better than I can do:)We had a blast with you guys!
All I can say is WOW! What a trip. Jon and I need to take time to get away just the two of us too. I'm so glad you guys had fun. I would miss E too much too. I think that's why we haven't done anything in a long time for just the two of us. Maybe after my mom gets better.
I love your new family photo. Who took your pictures? They did a great job.
Enjoy your Halloween week with the kiddos.
Thanks Heather. My sister actually took our picture, just up trappers. You should definitely go on a cruise...I highly recommend it.:)
Post a Comment